2020 INTERNATIONAL CONCERTO COMPETITION
MARCH 9, 2020
1. One movement from a standard concerto on the approved Sempre Music repertoire list and one virtuoso piece of applicant’s choice. (5-minute maximum length.)
2. Concerto recordings must be submitted online or via DVD with piano accompaniment or with orchestra.
3. Performance selections are subject to prior approval by Sempre Musick. (Contact SempreMusick at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your entry.)
4. Simplified arrangements or editions will not be accepted.
5. All performances must be from memory for competitors under 30 years of age.
Video submissions must be posted online or a DVD must be mailed to:
For online videos, Sempre Musick must be supplied with a valid online video address.
Application (email or mail) with Video (online or DVD) received by March 9, 2020 with application fee.
Applicants will receive a certificate of participation.
Winners will be notified by April 1, 2020.
First Place winners will be invited to perform with the Sempre Musick Orchestra at Killian Hall on the campus of MIT, Cambridge MA. on May 24, 2020. Time to be determined.
Second and Third place winners will be invited to perform their solo selection at Killian Hall on the campus of MIT, Cambridge MA. on May 24, 2020.
General Fee: A non-refundable participation/application fee of $120 will be due by March 9, 2020.
Specific Fees: First Place Winners Recital fees will be assessed based on the number of orchestra musicians required and the length of the First Place winners approved repertoire choice. Second and Third Place Winners non-refundable recital fees will be $100.