- Submission consisting of solo video recording of Concerto repertoire.
- Winners will be invited to perform live with the Sempre Musick Orchestra.
- Repertoire selection: one movement, must be from the pre-approved list located here: 2022 Concerto Competition Pre-Approved Repertoire List, or otherwise pre-approved (by arrangement).
- Please review the complete 2022 Concerto Competition Rules prior to applying.
- Open to all ages, and to instruments listed in the repertoire list.
- Memorization is required.
Deadlines and Dates
- Application and video submission deadline: April 25, 2022 (extended)
- Results will be announced by May 1, 2022
- Recital fee submission deadline: May 5, 2022
- First and Second Place Winners will rehearse and perform on one of the following dates:
- May 30, Andover, MA: all instruments (to be confirmed)
- June 11, Manchester, NH: all instruments except piano
- June 18, Andover, MA: all instruments including piano
- June 19, Andover, MA: all instruments including piano
- (Final schedule will depend on required orchestration and number of participants.)
- Application Fee: $140.
- Additional Winners’ Recital fees will be based on repertoire length and required instrumentation.
Awards and Prizes
- All competitors will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- First and Second Place Winners of the Competition will be invited to perform live with the Sempre Musick Orchestra.
- A $100 prize will be awarded to the best performance of a Concerto by Alexander Peskanov.
- A single Grand Prix winner will be invited to perform live as a soloist with the NH Philharmonic Orchestra during the 2022-2023 season (date TBD).
- Winners’ Recital Fees will include a 15 to 30-minute remote coaching with the Sempre Musick Orchestra Conductor (based on the length of selected repertoire), a live rehearsal with the orchestra (on the day of the event), and live performance.
- Fees also include two complimentary tickets to the performance.