- This competition is an opportunity for recognition and sharing of exceptional musical talents in an invigorating and supportive environment.
- Performance categories by age and instrument.
- Video submission or live audition.
- Live winners’ recital.
- Open to all ages and instruments, including voice and piano duet.
- Please review the complete 2022 Performance Competition Rules prior to applying.
- Participation via video recording or live auditions.
- Duet submissions are accepted; student-teacher duets are also encouraged.
- Memorization is required.
Deadlines and Dates
- Application deadline: May 7, 2022
- Video submission deadline: May 7, 2022 (with application, unless registering for live audition)
- Live auditions: May 15, 2022 at West Parish Church in Andover, MA
- Results will be announced via email by May 18, 2022.
- Application Fees:
- Solo Performance: $75.
- Duet Performance: $100.
- Winners’ Recital Fee: $85 (solo and duet).
Awards and Prizes
- The Jury will award First, Second, and Third Place based on points scored. (Multiple may be awarded.)
- All contestants will receive an Award Certificate or Certificate of Participation and judges’ comments from professional musicians.
- The Jury’s Choice Award of $200 will be awarded to the best overall performer.
- Prize for best performance of a Prelude and Fugue by Bach: $50
- Prize for best performance of a Classical Sonata: $50
- Prize for best performance of a Romantic Piece: $50
- Prize for best performance of a Piece by an Impressionist Composer: $50
- Prize for best performance of a Contemporary Piece: $50
- *The Jury reserves the right to award more than one of the same prize or not award a prize at all.
- 1st and 2nd place winners will be invited to perform in a live winners’ recital on May 29, 2022 at West Parish Church in Andover, MA.
- Recital performance fee applies; free admission.
- Optional inclusion in a YouTube recital.