- All applications must be completed and submitted via our website before the – 11.59 pm EST May 7, 2022 DEADLINE.
- For applicants under 18 years old, the application form must be submitted by a parent or guardian of the applicant.
- Repertoire selection(s):
- Up to two selections per applicant.
- Ages under 13: up to 6 minutes total.
- Ages 13 and older: up to 10 minutes total.
- No changes of repertoire will be allowed after the application is submitted.
- Sempre Musick reserves the right to reject applications that are late, inaccurate, or incomplete.
- Applicants submit their performances in the form of a YouTube link or attend the live audition. (Details Below)
- All applicants must pay the non-refundable application fee through the website’s online payment page.
- A confirmation email will be sent to those completing the online application form and submitting the application fee.
- If an applicant has completed an application and paid the application fee in full but has not received an email of confirmation within 48 hours, please contact us via the Contact Page or via email: sempremusick (AT) gmail – dot – com
- The organization is not responsible for applications that were not received.
- By entering this Competition, applicants hold Sempre Musick harmless and release Sempre Musick from any and all liability for injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person.
- The applicant agrees to fully indemnify Sempre Musick from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Competition, without limitation.
- By submitting your video, you authorize Sempre Musick to republish it in any form or medium.
- By participating in the Competition, applicants grant Sempre Musick the right to use his/her personal information and/or submitted videos for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Competition, in print and media without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Sempre Musick reserves the right to make any changes in the rules, regulations and policies.
- All legitimate concerns or questions must come to Sempre Musick in writing via email.
- Competition Application Fee: $50.
- Contestants’ applications will only be considered upon receipt of the competition application fee. Application Fees are non-refundable.
- Winners Recital Performance Fee $50.
- To be eligible to perform, the Performance Fee must be paid by Sunday, May 22, 2022.
- Video recordings only. (No audio-only recordings.)
- Concert attire requested.
- Video submission should be uploaded to YouTube as an unlisted video.
- Please specify detailed information regarding your repertoire in the video description, including Composer, Title, Movement, etc.
- It is each applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the submitted competition materials are complete, accessible, and playable.
- Inaccessible links will be considered a withdrawal and ineligible for a refund.
- Videos must be uploaded and viewable by May 5, 2022 ahead of the application deadline, unless registering for the live auditions.
- Where appropriate, accompaniment is encouraged but not required.
- Live auditions will take place on May 15, 2022.
- Auditions Location: West Parish Church, 129 Reservation Rd, Andover, MA 01810.
- Audition times will be assigned by Sempre Musick.
COVID and Social Distancing
- Sempre Musick will abide by the social distancing and masking policies of the venues when and where its auditions and performances take place.
Judging and Selection
- Applicants will be separated into divisions by their age as of April 1:
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-12
- Ages 13-15
- Ages 16-19
- Ages 20-24
- Amateur – (Over 25)
- Decisions by Sempre Musick are final and cannot be appealed.
- All applicants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Winners will receive a winners’ certificate.
- Winners will be announced via email by Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
- First and Second Place Winners will be invited to perform in the live Winners’ Recital.
- Winners must perform the repertoire submitted in their application.
- Performance order will be assigned by Sempre Musick and cannot be changed.
- Performers will receive two complimentary tickets to the solo recital.
- Each performer will be responsible for their own accompanist for the recital, if needed.
- 2022 Live Solo Recital Date: Sunday, May 29, 2022 at West Parish Church, 129 Reservation Rd, Andover, MA 01810 (subject to change).
- Video recording and photos are discouraged during the solo recital If videos or photos are taken, they must be limited to the performer’s family.
- Be advised that there will be no warm-up space in the solo recital hall.
- All travel, accommodations and related expenses are the responsibility of the performer.