- All applications must be completed and submitted via our website before the – 11.59 pm EST April 25, 2022 DEADLINE.
- For applicants under 18 years old, the application form must be submitted by a parent or guardian of the applicant.
- Only approved repertoire from the Pre-Approved Repertoire Page will be considered as acceptable for the competition.
- No changes of repertoire will be allowed after the application is submitted.
- Sempre Musick reserves the right to reject applications that are late, inaccurate, or incomplete. The organization is not responsible for applications that were not received.
- Inaccessible links may be considered a withdrawal and ineligible for a refund.
- A confirmation email will be sent to those completing the online application form and submitting the application fee.
- If an applicant has completed an application and paid the application fee in full but has not received an email of confirmation within 48 hours, please contact us via the Contact Page or via email: sempremusick (AT) gmail – dot – com
- By entering this Competition, applicants hold Sempre Musick harmless and release Sempre Musick from any and all liability for injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person.
- The applicant agrees to fully indemnify Sempre Musick from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Competition, without limitation.
- By submitting your video, you authorize Sempre Musick to republish it in any form or medium.
- By participating in the Competition, applicants grant Sempre Musick the right to use his/her personal information and/or submitted videos for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Competition, in print and media without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Sempre Musick reserves the right to make any changes in the rules, regulations and policies.
- All legitimate concerns or questions must come to Sempre Musick in writing via email.
- Competition Application Fee: $140. Contestants’ applications will only be considered upon receipt of the competition fee. Application fee is non-refundable.
- Winners’ Performance fees will be based on Repertoire length and instrumentation.
- Winners’ Performance Fee includes:
- 15 to 30 minute coaching with the Sempre Musick Orchestra Conductor, based on the length of the selected repertoire (remote via Skype or Zoom; individual arrangements will be made).
- Live rehearsal with the orchestra (on the same day of the performance)
- Live performance
- Two complimentary tickets to the performance.
Video Submission Requirements
- Video recordings only. (No audio-only recordings.)
- Concert attire requested.
- Applicants submit their performances in the form of a YouTube link.
- Video submission should be uploaded to YouTube as an unlisted video.
- Please specify detailed information regarding your repertoire in the video description, including Composer, Title, Opus Number.
- It is each applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the submitted competition materials are complete, accessible, and playable.
- Videos should be uploaded and viewable by Sempre Musick by April 15, 2022.
- Sempre Musick will abide by the social distancing and masking policies of the venues when and where its rehearsals and performances take place.
Judging and Selection
- Applicants will be separated into divisions by their age as of April 1:
- Ages 5-8
- Ages 9-12
- Ages 13-15
- Ages 16-19
- Ages 20-24
- Amateur – (Over 25)
- Decisions by Sempre Musick are final and cannot be appealed.
- The final selection of winners will be based solely on the submitted video recordings.
Awards and Orchestra Performance Selection
- All applicants whose videos are judged will receive a certificate of participation.
- Winners will receive a personalized winner’s certificate.
- Winners will be announced by Sunday, May 1, 2022 via email.
- The repertoire submitted with the application must be the repertoire performed.
- First and Second Place Winners will rehearse and perform with the Sempre Musick Orchestra on one of the following dates: (contingent on payment of the required winner’s performance fees)
- June 11, Manchester, NH: all instruments except piano
- June 18, Andover, MA: all instruments including piano
- June 19, Andover, MA: all instruments including piano (overflow date)
- Final arrangements will be based on the number of participants and orchestration requirements.
- Scheduling will be completed in the first week of May, after Concerto Competition winners are announced.
- The rehearsal and performance schedule assigned by Sempre Musick cannot be altered.
- Video recording and photos are discouraged during the recital. If videos or photos are taken, they must be limited to the performer’s family.
- Be advised that there will be no warm-up space available at the performance venue.
- All travel, accommodations and related expenses are the responsibility of the performer.