- Submission consisting of solo video recording of Concerto repertoire.
- Winners will be invited to perform live with the Sempre Musick Orchestra.
- Open to all ages, and to instruments listed in the repertoire list.
- Repertoire selection: one movement; must be from the pre-approved list located here: 2023 Concerto Competition Pre-Approved Repertoire List, or otherwise pre-approved (by arrangement).
- Memorization is required.
Deadlines and Dates
- Application and video submission deadline: April 22
- Announcement of results: May 5
- Recital fee submission deadline: May 12
- Winners Recitals: May 27, May 29, June 3 in Andover, MA
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: $140.
- Winners’ Recital fees:
- Repertoire choice up to 3 minutes long, performed with chamber orchestra: fixed fee of $300.
- Repertoire choice up to 5 minutes long, performed with chamber orchestra: fixed fee of $450.
- For additional instrumentation and repertoire over 5 minutes, recital fees will be quoted.
Awards and Prizes
- All competitors will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- First, Second, and Third Place Winners of the Competition will be invited to perform live with the Sempre Musick Orchestra.
- One Grand Prix winner will be invited to perform with the NH Philharmonic Orchestra in the 2023-2024 concert season.
- The best performer of any Concerto by Alexander Peskanov will be advanced to the final round of the BMTG Intercontinental Music Competition.
- Additional prizes and awards TBD.
- Winners’ Recital Fees will include a 15 to 30-minute remote coaching with the Sempre Musick Orchestra Conductor (based on the length of selected repertoire), a live rehearsal with the orchestra (on the day of the event), and live performance.
- Fees also include two complimentary tickets to the performance.
- Date of performance will be determined by Sempre Musick and cannot be changed.
- Decision of the judges is final.
- Additional details to follow.