- This competition is an opportunity for recognition and sharing of exceptional musical talents in an invigorating and supportive environment.
- Performance categories by age and instrument.
- Video submission or live audition.
- Live winners’ recital.
- Open to all ages and instruments, including voice and piano duet.
- Please review the complete rules prior to applying.
Participation via video recording or live auditions.
- Duet submissions are accepted; student-teacher duets are also encouraged.
- Memorization is required.
- Contestants are welcome to apply to multiple Sempre Musick events.
Contestants will be divided by age as of January 1:
- Elementary (10 and younger): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 5 minutes total.
- Junior (11-14): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 7 minutes total.
- Senior (15-18): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 10 minutes total.
- Collegiate (19-24): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 12 minutes total.
- Adult (25 and older): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 12 minutes total.
Deadlines and Dates
- Application deadline: April 26, 2023.
- Contestants can choose from two options: video submission or live audition.
- Video submission deadline: April 26, 2023 (with application).
- Live auditions: May 7 in Andover, MA (schedule details will be emailed by May 2)
- Recital fee submission deadline: May 9, 2023.
- Winners Recital: June 4, 5pm in Andover, MA.
- Application Fees:
- Solo Performance: $75.
- Duet Performance: $100.
- Winners’ Recital Fee: $85 (solo and duet).
- All fees paid are non-refundable.
Awards and Prizes
- The Jury will award First, Second, and Third Place based on points scored. (Multiple may be awarded.)
- All contestants will receive an Award Certificate or Certificate of Participation and judges’ comments.
- Special Music Awards:
- Special award for best performance of composition by Timothy Brown.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Romeo Melloni.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Alexander Peskanov.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Catherine Rollin.
- Additional prizes and awards may be announced!
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be invited to perform in a live winners’ recital.
- Recital performance fee applies; free admission.
- No repertoire changes are allowed after registration.
- Decision of the judges is final.
- Additional details may be added closer to the event.