- Open to all ages.
- International applicants welcome.
- Repertoire selection: one movement from the Solo and Ensemble with Orchestra Pre-Approved Repertoire List.
- Memorization is required for solo repertoire.
- Memorization is not required for ensemble repertoire.
- Applicants are welcome to apply to multiple Sempre Musick events.
Applicants will be divided by age as of January 1:
- Elementary (10 and younger)
- Junior (11-14)
- Senior (15-18)
- Collegiate (19-24)
- Adult (25 and older)
Deadlines and Dates
- Application and video submission deadline: April 22
- Announcement of results: May 5
- Recital fee submission deadline: May 12
- Winners Recitals: May 27, May 29, June 3 in Andover, MA
- Application Fee: $90.
- Winner’s Recital fees:
- Repertoire choice up to 2 minutes long, performed with string orchestra: fixed fee of $200.
- Repertoire choice up to 3 minutes long, performed with string orchestra: fixed fee of $300.
- For additional instrumentation and repertoire over 3 minutes, recital fees will be quoted.
- Winners’ Recital Fees include:
- Live rehearsal with the orchestra (on the day of the event)
- Two complimentary tickets to live performance.
- All fees paid are non-refundable.
Awards and Prizes
- All competitors will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- First, Second, and Third Place Winners of the Competition will be invited to perform live with the Sempre Musick Orchestra.
- Special Music Awards:
- Special award for best performance of composition by Timothy Brown.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Romeo Melloni.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Alexander Peskanov.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Catherine Rollin.
- Additional prizes and awards may be announced!
- Dates for Winners’ Recital will be determined by Sempre Musick and cannot be changed.
- Sempre Musick reserves the right to change the date and location of the final performance.
- No warm-up spaces will be available at the concert venues.
- No repertoire changes are allowed after registration.
- Decision of the judges is final.
- Additional details may be added closer to the event.