- The Judged Festival provides students an opportunity to receive encouraging comments from judges, as well as the opportunity to perform live in a non-competitive environment.
- Performance categories by age and instrument.
- Video submission.
- Live recital for all participants.
- Open to all ages and instruments, including voice and piano duet.
- Participation via video recording or live auditions.
- Memorization is not required for the Festival.
- Applicants are welcome to apply to multiple Sempre Musick events.
Applicants will be divided by age as of January 1:
- Elementary (10 and younger): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 5 minutes total.
- Junior (11-14): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 7 minutes total.
- Senior (15-18): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 10 minutes total.
- Collegiate (19-24): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 12 minutes total.
- Adult (25 and older): 1-2 contrasting compositions, up to 12 minutes total.
Deadlines and Dates
- Application deadline: April 26, 2023.
- Applicants can choose from two options: video submission or live audition.
- Video submission deadline: April 26, 2023 (with application).
- Live auditions: May 7 in Andover, MA (schedule details will be emailed by May 2)
- Recital fee submission deadline: May 9, 2023.
- Festival Recital: May 14 in Andover, MA.
- Application Fees: $60.
- Recital Fee: $85 (solo and duet).
- All fees paid are non-refundable.
- All Festival Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation and detailed judges’ comments.
- Special Certificates of Recognition:
- Recognition for best performance of composition by Timothy Brown.
- Recognition for best performance of composition by Romeo Melloni.
- Recognition for best performance of composition by Alexander Peskanov.
- The best performer of any composition by Alexander Peskanov will be advanced to the final round of the BMTG Intercontinental Music Competition.
- Special award for best performance of composition by Catherine Rollin.
- All participants will be invited to perform in the live recital.
- Recital performance fee applies; free admission.
- No repertoire changes are allowed after registration.
- Additional details may be added closer to the event.